If we look around we will see that organic products are increasingly surrounding us, not only on those specially marked shelves above which read "BIO" or "ECO" or "ORGANIC PRODUCT", and we could say that the global trend is finally starting to live in our daily lives as well.

ECO, BIO and ORGANIC are actually synonymous. Products that comply with the rules of organic production bear the ECO label, or this label is used in promotional materials. The logo, which is strictly defined by law, must include the code number of the inspection body as well as the information "Bred in/out of the EU".

To present the product as eco, bio or organic, without the stamp/mark is prohibited. Likewise, the use of some other logos and insignia alluding to ECO is prohibited and is treated as misleading customers.

The terms eco, bio or organic denote a product with a mass of at least 95% organic ingredients. The remaining 5% is left in the case of atmospheric pollution such as acid rain or pesticides brought from the wind by an adjacent property, etc., and the use of additional ingredients (not ECO) that are also precisely defined.

The organic product must have all the ingredients listed on the label.

Organic production is a comprehensive farm and food production management system that integrates best practices in the environment and climate, high levels of biodiversity, conservation of natural resources, the application of high animal welfare standards and production standards that meet demand. a greater number of consumers for products manufactured using natural substances and processes.

Organic production means agricultural production without the use of agrochemicals such as: mineral fertilizers, hormones, pesticides, etc., prohibits the use of GMOs at any stage of organic production, prohibits the use of ionizing radiation in the processing of food and raw materials, prohibits the use of mineral nitrogen fertilizers , and only permitted agents should be used as soil and plant protection. Therefore, there are strict requirements for obtaining an eco-label and should only be used by those who have passed all controls.

Organic farming should rely as much as possible on renewable energy sources, recycling waste and minimizing the use of GMO strains.

Organic production in the Republic of Croatia is increasing year by year and is monitored by control bodies. It is obligatory to check once a year for all producers, processors, traders and importers, all prescribed in the Regulations on organic farming and the EU regulations.