Poppy seed and Indian black tea cake
- 6 persons
- Preparation time
- 1 hour
Ingredients for shortcake:
- 235ml milk
- 5 bags Franck Indian black tea
- 60g butter at room temperature
- 150g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60g oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 165g cake flour
- 15g Gussnel
- 35g poppy seeds
- 1 bag baking powder
- half a teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for tea syrup:
- 100g sugar
- 100g water
- 3 bags Franck Indian black tea
- 2 lemon slices
Ingredients for cream:
- 100g white chocolate
- 200g whipped cream
- 1 bag Franck Indian black tea
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the milk over the stove or in the microwave, then cut the tea bags and put the leaves in the milk.
3. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and then add vanilla and oil.
4. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add one third of the dry ingredients to the wet ones, then add half of the milk with the tea leaves. Then add the other third of the dry ingredients and the other half of the milk. Finally add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the desired mould and bake for 25-40 minutes, depending on the mould.
7. For the syrup, put all the ingredients in a saucepan and melt. Allow to cool. Then soak the cooled biscuit with syrup.
8. For the cream, heat 100ml of whipped cream with tea and pour hot over the chocolate. When the chocolate melts, stir and add the rest of the whipping cream. Let it cool. Beat the cooled cream into a semi-solid foam and spread over the shortcake. Decorate as desired and enjoy!